- Ultra compact design (OD 109mm - 4.3 in)
- 112 dB SPL 1W-1m average sensitivity
- 1.4 inch exit throat
- 220W maximum program power handling
- Natural Sound frequency response extended up to 20 kHz
- Next-gen 4-slot metal alloy phase plug
- Edge-wound 75mm (3 in) CCAW voice coil
- Titanium diaphragm assembly
- Neodymium ring magnetic structure
- Copper ring for reduced distortion and increased output
- Self-centering d-kit for accurate and fast service
The ND3T 1.4 inch exit Natural Sound neodymium high frequency compression driver has been designed for high level sound systems application. The unit has been designed to fulfill tight geometrical requirements, thanks to its ultra compact 109mm overall diameter.
The titanium diaphragm is produced in house and has been developed to assure unmatched transient response. The diaphragm assembly is made by joining the former directly to the titanium dome on its upper bend edge. In comparison with a usual straight former joint, the driver's design assures extended frequency energy transfer for improved response linearity and unparallel reliability. This feature facilitates proper motion control of the dome in real working conditions. A proprietary treated Nomex former is used as Nomex shows a 30% higher value of tensile elongation at a working operative temperature (200°C) when compared to Kapton. Moreover, this proprietary former material is also suitable for use in higher moisture content environments.
Despite of its compact size, the ND3T neodymium magnet assembly has been designed to obtain 20KGauss in the gap for major benefits in transient response. The motor structure, throughout the precisely coherent metal alloy phase plug with 4 circumferential slots and copper ring on the pole piece, reduces inductance effect and distortion.
The diaphragm kit self centering design allows high precision mounting and at the same time makes very easy the servicing procedure.
The ability to perform properly under inclement weather conditions is a key point of the Eighteen Sound philosophy. Hence, a special treatment is applied to the magnet and the top and back plates of the magnetic structure in order to make the driver more resistant to the corrosive effects of salts and oxidization. This treatment is more effective than any other coating commonly used.
- Throat Diameter 36 mm (1,4 in)
- Rated Impedance 8 Ohm
- D.C. Resistance 4,5 Ohm
- Minimum Impedance 6,4 O @ 6000 Hz
- Continuous Power 110 W above 1,2 kHz
- Program power (8) 220 W above 1,2 kHz
- Sensitivity (9) 112 dB
- Frequency Range 800 ÷ 20000 Hz
- Min. Xover Frequency 1000 Hz
- Recomm. Xover Frequency 1200 Hz (24 dB/Oct High-Pass Filter)
- Diaphragm material Pure Titanium
- Voice Coil Diameter 75 mm (3 In)
- Voice Coil winding material Edgewound CCAW
- Magnet material Neodymium
- Flux Density 2T
- Polarity Positive voltage on red terminal gives positive pressure in the throat
- Mounting information
- Overall diameter 109 mm (4,3 in)
- N. of mounting holes and bolt 4
- Mounting holes diameter M6
- Bolt circle diameter 102 mm (4 in)
- Total depth 53 mm (2,1 in)
- Net weight 1,65 kg (3,64 lb)
- Packaging Dimensions 165x150x65 mm (6,50x5,91x2,56 in